Even though it may not feel like it at the moment, winter is definitely on its way.
A new season means a new wardrobe and it can be overwhelming trying to determine what new pieces to invest in.
A few of my favourite winter tips to take into consideration are:
- Invest in quality of fabric. During summer you can get away with cheaper dresses and lighter fabrics but in winter it is important to invest in quality in order to keep you warm. Beautiful cashmere jumpers and woolen coats are a must.
- Choose neutral colours: as I mentioned above winter is about investing and good quality knits and coats can be expensive. I would recommend staying away from busy prints and floral and picking neutral colours.
- Shades such as white, grey, tan and black will ensure that you wont get sick of your investment pieces and be able to get more wear out of them by mixing and matching. Another beautiful shade this is coming through and will soon be the colour of the season is a blush/pink shade. You can pair blush with black for a bold look or white and cream for something a bit softer.
- Boots are always a statement in winter and this year I have seen two designs making a big statement. The first are over the knee boots, which I love as not only do they look so chic and keep you warm but also they are also so versatile. You can pair them over leather pants and jeans or if it's a bit warmer with a beautiful dress. Its best to start off with a black pair, as you will get the most wear out of them rather than a bold colour. The second boot that is still a hot item is an ankle boot heel. Ankle boots are fun and easy to dress up or down depending on your outfit.
- A white trainer is so versatile and not only comfortable but can look very chic paired with a beautiful tailored outfit.
- Puffer Jackets and Vest are a must in any wardrobe. They are so light but still so warm. You can dress them up with boots and jeans like I have or throw them over your favourite active wear to go for a walk.
With those tips in mind I headed into Malvern central to pick out some new winter goodies.
Below I have styled some of my favourite winter items with all looks available from Malvern Central
Look One: Beanie: French Connection / Pants, T shirt and Jacket: Seed / Shoes Wittner
Look Two: Jumper and Beanie: French Connectio / Skirt: Seed / Shoes: Wittner